I’ve started writing quite a bit more lately. My tools of choice are OmmWriter for short pieces or parts of larger projects, a specific playlist in iTunes, Apimac Timer (to timebox myself), and Scrivener for larger projects. Me being lazy in a productive way, I was looking for a way to just lauch and setup all of the above for writing with a short couple QuickSilver keystrokes. Enter Applescript. In order to make it all work, I had to first LEARN enough Applescript to pull it all together. That is where this site came in handy for learning the basics of Applescript. I’ll grab a quick video later that shows how it all works, but for now, enjoy learning how to automate a lot of the repetitive things you do everyday.
- Ask TUAW: AppleScripting coolness (tuaw.com)
- Podcast: AppleScript and iTunes (macworld.com)
- Show HN: Use your mac as an alarm clock without any special alarm clock apps (seevishal.com)
- Mac Gems: Undock 1.0.3 (macworld.com)
- Alfred for Mac Adds Sync, Launches AppleScripts with Keyboard Shortcuts (macstories.net)